Re: Tails

On Sun, May 18, 2014 2:05 am, Francesco Ariis wrote:
> On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 10:59:31PM -0700, Bob Holtzman wrote:
>> Lighten up, lad and stop taking all things literally.

<snip>

> Back OT, someone please tell to the investigative journalist that
> using Tails or any other OS on a compromised machine is a risky choice.
> I am sure I am preaching to the choir here, but I found people who don't
> otherwise take interest in security may think that a bootable USB will
> magically shield them from, say, a hardware key-logger.

It's only one step in a short introduction to base level security.
I have no intention of going into the rest of it on-list.
Other than the fact it's not relevant to the list, at least half the
replies are a waste of time reading and a sad statement on the mentalities
of those making them.

I have always found the community to be a source of supportive assistance.
Other than obvious exceptions, that appears to belong to another time and
in other company.
Cheers!

Weaver

--
"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its  government."
 -- Thomas Paine

Registered Linux User: 554515