Re: need a flac utility

On 12/05/14 08:12 AM, Rob Owens wrote:
On Sat, May 03, 2014 at 01:18:38PM -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:
On 03/05/14 11:51 AM, Jochen Spieker wrote:
Frank McCormick:

I need a utility to allow me to breakup a FLAC sound file. It's
apparently a collection of flac files merged together.
I also have a file which ends in the extension ".cue"
It's a formatted listing of the individual files in
the larger flac file.

Is a utility available for Debian (Sid) ?

My web search suggests that shntool can do this:

shntool split -f $cuefile -o flac *.flac

I didn't try it myself.

    Installed it...and after some fiddling....it worked.
I will have to rename the files..it didn't keep the original file
names in the cue sheet for some reason...but I am 95% there.

Thanks very much.

You can tag the files based on the *.cue file like this:

cuetag *.cue split-track*.flac

I think the package you need to install for this is cuetools.

-Rob

    Sorry...just noticed your reply - tried it and it
works beautifully, Beats manually renaming :)

Thanks

--
1984 was not meant as a blueprint for
democratic governments.