Re: Best list for server only traffic?

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 2:09 AM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@libertytrek.org> wrote:
On 5/5/2014 2:56 PM, Robert Crawford <webguytx@gmail.com> wrote:
You might want look at the complete list at list.debian.org

<sigh>

I did... there are, what... 100+ different lists there?

https://lists.debian.org/completeindex.html

There is a debian-desktop list, but no debian-server list, so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask if I was missing something here, so I did.\

Not sure why some of you seem offended at the idea...

There seem to be a lot of troll-ish posts the past week or so, and your insistence that there should be a debian-server to parallel debian-user is, well, sort of,  the kind of post a troll might write.

Not to say that you are not sincere in your wish to have a list that focuses on your problem, but it's easy to guess that such a question might not be sincere.

All any of the rest of us know about what you are looking for is that you are administrating a pair of debian servers of some sort running under vmware's ESXi hypervisor, you don't have the patience (sorry to be blunt) to deal with a moderate-to-high traffic list, and you aren't willing to tell us what kind of questions you would ask, assuming there were a "server" list.

So, giving you the benefit of a doubt (and repeating a question that someone else already asked), what kind of servers are you working with? e-mail? general web? time-stamp? NAS? database? identity? general application? application test? number crunching? ...

What kinds of questions do you need to ask about your servers? bugs? efficiency, making APIs available? ...

--
Joel Rees

Be careful where you see conspiracy.
Look first in your own heart.