Re: Debian 7.x and desktop environments

On Sat, 5/3/14, Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: Debian 7.x and desktop environments
 To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
 Date: Saturday, May 3, 2014, 12:51 PM

 On Sat, 3 May 2014 09:06:54 -0700
 (PDT)
 Go Linux <golinux@yahoo.com>
 wrote:

 > I'm not in XFCE right now (on Squeeze/Gnome 2) but I'm
 pretty sure
 > that I have custom launchers within a launcher.
 Give it a try!

I'd love to, but don't know how. If I left-click on the top level
launcher, click properties, I get a list of the apps launchable by this
launcher. If I click Add, it gives me a list of things I can add:
Another launcher isn't one of them. If I click the button to define a
new app from scratch, I have no idea what to put in the executable
field in order to implement a sub-launcher. Any ideas?

OK.  In XFCE now.   Here's how to do it:

Right click on the primary launcher.

Under the blue (plus) add button, there is a document icon with a yellow star.  Click on it.

The tooltip says "add new empty item" ie a launcher.  Presto!  You can now add a custom launcher.