Re: KDE 4.12 Packages on Unstable

Hi David,

Am Donnerstag, 1. Mai 2014, 12:31:09 schrieb David Baron:
> These have higher version numbers than those on experimental
>
> Correct.
> Safe to install?

I am using the KDE from experimental since, well, Qt/KDE Debian devs uploaded
it there. And I upgraded to the unstable version yesterday.

Except for some issues with Network Manager and the KDE plasmoid its just
working fine for me. Since an upgrade Network Manager doesn´t automatically
detect a change from company network to home network anymore. And I had it
that the KDE plasmoid doesn´t even display the available connections. I am
currently using

killall dhclient

as a work-around. Network Manager reinitializes the network then. I am not
using WLAN, just LAN.

Well… I have a trouble with WLAN as well. Clicking on connect for a WLAN
connection opens "Edit connection" details. So I found no way to tell Network
Manager to actually connect it. This was quite annoying.

I wonder whether Network Manager and its KDE plasmoid is broken for others
like this as well? As to the KDE plasmoid not displaying the connections:
Maybe there is some older version of something still floating around in memory.
I will try with a reboot later.

Ciao,