Re: BST Solution Worked Fine.

On Monday 31 March 2014 21:19:32 Martin G. McCormick wrote:
> 	I was the one who wanted to record a couple of radio
> shows from the BBC and not have to remember to juggle chrontab
> files for the several weeks when the US is using DST and the
> UK isn't. This occurs in the last week of October each autumn
> and for around 4 weeks in March.
>
> 	I have an old Del Optiplex that is mainly used as a
> terminal to get in to other unix systems so I set that system to
> /Europe/London time rules and then set chron jobs based on
> British time.

For the archives:  Note, BST was the correct *result*, *not* the
*solution*.  The solution was to chose /Europe/London time which will
correctly switch from GMT to BST and back again as appropriate.

Also for the record, when I set my system time to Europe/London/ (my
hardware clock is set to UTC), my system, for some obscure reason,
determinedly changes it to /Europe/Guernsey.  As this is the same, it
doesn't matter, but some day I might try to find out why it does
it. ;-)

Lisi