Re: How to migrate multiple *.dep package files into one?

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 6:03 PM, <steffen.dettmer@gmail.com> wrote:
> I dont think it is the best idea to call some "dpkg -r <oldpackage>"
> from the postinst script of the only remaining package.

ps: I tried
Replaces: oldpackage
Conflicts: oldpackage
in control file, but the old package remains installed.

Should I simply leave it installed, because it does not harm anyone?
In "dpkg -l" I see status "ic" (Installed and Configuration
files?):

||/ Name           Version      Architecture Description
ic  oldpackage     1.0.01-00000 i386         Do not use, replaced by newpackage

but dpkg -L oldpackage tells:

Package `oldpackage' does not contain any files (!)

Steffen