Login dialog screcen is cicled after USB faiil

Hi all:
I’m a proud and happy user of the amazing Debian 7.4.0 (Wheezy) OS
Today I used an USB memory to transfer a couple if files and decided to use the eject icon at the bottom right of the main screen after copying files and my system got complete frozen. Nothing could make it respond, not Keboard, nor the power button.
I had to press power button for some seconds to turn off the PC.
Now I have a problem I just can not solve: After choosing the user and typing the password after start up, the screen acts like if Gnome is starting but the login dialog window appears again, and that’s all is happening over and over. If I type a wrong password I get “Autentication Failure”.
I added a new user from the recovery mode console and I’m getting the same results.
Please somebody give a hint about What can I do?
Regards
Oscar Corte