design package recommendation

Hi,

I am thinking of designing an interface, with one pic and running fuzzy
data as background, and there will be six buttons on it, link to another
interface. The whole software written in java. For the button, when my
mouse hangover, the icon will be enlarged.

The most unimportant work, decoration, left to me. And I don't know much
about design, and I must confess I am also lack of some art sensitivity.
Here sincerely look for advice and *which package I can use to achieve
the figure integration of the running data as some flash*, then perhaps
later I can embed to our java code.

Thanks ahead for any suggestions,