Re: [i3]Not able to get the reboot/suspend script work.

于 Sun, 23 Mar 2014 19:14:13 +0530
Anubhav Yadav <anubhav1691@gmail.com> 写道:

> Hi, I am using debian 64 bit. I use lightdm to start i3. I am trying
> to get the reboot/suspend script work from i3 control mode as follows.
> I have created a script called i3exit , and placed it in ~/bin/
> directory, this directory is my PATH.
>
> Here are the contents of the script.
>
>     #!/bin/sh
>     lock() {
>         i3lock
>     }
>
>     case "$1" in
>         lock)
>             i3lock -d -i /home/neo1691/.i3/i3lock_screen.png -n
>             ;;
>         logout)
>             i3-msg exit
>             ;;
>         suspend)
>             sudo pm-suspend
>             ;;
>         hibernate)
>             sudo pm-hibernate
>             ;;
>         reboot)
>             sudo reboot
>             ;;
>         shutdown)
>             sudo halt
>             ;;
>         *)
>             echo "Usage: $0
> {lock|logout|suspend|hibernate|reboot|shutdown}" exit 2Not able to
> get the reboot/suspend script work. esac

>  set $mode_system System (l) lock, (e) logout, (s) suspend, (h)
> hibernate, (r) reboot, (Shift+s) shutdown
> mode "$mode_system" {
>     bindsym l exec --no-startup-id i3exit lock, mode "default"
>     bindsym e exec --no-startup-id i3exit logout, mode "default"
>     bindsym s exec --no-startup-id i3exit suspend, mode "default"
>     bindsym h exec --no-startup-id i3exit hibernate, mode "default"
>     bindsym r exec --no-startup-id i3exit reboot, mode "default"
>     bindsym Shift+s exec --no-startup-id i3exit shutdown, mode
> "default"
>
>     # back to normal: Enter or Escape
>          bindsym Return mode "default"
>              bindsym Escape mode "default"
>              }
>              bindsym $mod+Pause mode "$mode_system"
>

> Now if I run i3exit suspend, then my laptop suspends properly. [After
> asking the password]. If I run i3exit lock, then my laptop gets
> locked, without asking for the password.
>
> But when I press $mod+pause the control mod popups appears on the
> i3statusbar and if I press l (lock) nothing happens and the dialogue
> box disappears!
>
> If I open up a terminal and `echo $PATH`, then my folder, ~/bin is
> seen there. But if I run this specific command:
>  `tr '\0' '\n' </proc/$(pidof i3)/environ | grep PATH` then the $PATH
> doesn't have the concerned folder.
>
> Also, will adding this line :
> `neo1691 ALL=(ALL) ALL, NOPASSWD: /home/neo1691/bin/i3exit` will stop
> asking passwords if I run i3exit. I just want to make sure of the
> syntax!
>
> Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks

I'm using i3 on debian sid i686.
Simply I use a shortchut to show the system
power dailog by i3-nagbar and use mouse to choose the button.
Beacuse of systemd, when poweroff/suspend the machine, there is no need
to enter password for a normal user.
That works for me.