Re: rcu_sched self-detected stall on CPU { 0}

On Friday, March 21, 2014 14:22:18 Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I do not remember when I see last term syslogd printing messages on the
> terminal in X (konsole in KDE to be precise). But I do remember that these
> messages indicated serious issues :0(
>
> The worst thing is I do not even understand what the system wanted to tell
> me. From the syslog, I can speculate on a rcu_sched self-detect stall
> (therefore I copied debian-kernel). I am running kernel 3.13 since a few
> days. Can anybody help here?
>

> Any hint is welcome.
>
> Many thanks,
> Rainer
** after poking around - I think it could be a memory problem.

Very rough guess here - and I am probably wrong. The combination of the
tainted swap and the /dev messages would lead me to first check the hard
drive. Boot into a rescue disk and run fsck and see what you get.

Good luck, and I will be watching this thread to see what the answer is.

Mike
--
Mike McGinn		KD2CNU
Ex Uno Plurima