Re: feature request for this mailing list

On Fri, 07 Mar 2014 14:28:21 +0100
berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:

> Sounds like I'll have to ask to the admin of my mail account to
> implement something to have some filters, or to bother with mess and
> spams for ages ( other solution is to unsubscribe, but I do not
> really like this idea btw ).

You sent this mail using Thunderbird. All you need to do is use
Thunderbird and create a filter but instead of filtering by the typical
subject:, from:, or to:, you're going to be filtering by what's
actually in the mail header. In this case, the "List-Id:" which for
debian-user is <debian-user.lists.debian.org>.

I'm a Claws-Mail user but the ideas are basically the same. Create a new
filter, in the drop down menu change it from subject to Header, then
give it a value List-Id: then make your rule if the List-Id contains
<debian-user.lists.debian.org> move it wherever.

Even though you don't see the mail headers for each mail your MUA
(among other parts of mail systems) does and can act on them.