Re: unable to renew ip

On 07/03/2014 11:37, Lina wrote:

> I received that two emails last month. It is more like re-sent. I sent an SMS to her to check whether she was aware of it. The school use the Microsoft office 365. Seems.

OK, then it's probably a mail-server somewhere (your university's, your
friend's ISP, whatever) re-sending it.  No big deal there.

>> [...]
>
> Thanks. Tonight I also notice my apache2 is running, which I once specifically set it NOT to start during reboot. And I didn't notice it was running until tonight and I don't think it was running until tonight. One of our server was hacked months ago with root password being compromised. We didn't realize it until one day the IT service center blocked it due to heavy network load. I feel annoyed by myself cause of lacking knowledge about what's going on.
> I will try ClamAV and your other suggestions tomorrow. Thanks with best regards, lina

Could be something trying to get at the "websites" you're hosting (even
if there's nothing).  Real quick and easy test for this is to stop
apache, and see if things improve.

-Dan