Re: X key bindings don't work on new system

Le 06.03.2014 23:34, Joel Roth a écrit :
Hi list,

I've dusted off an old, fanless computer with an Epia
(Via) main board, and installed sid.

One thing I notice is that my xmodmap commands for remapping
the CAPS key to behave as CTRL (in .xinitrc) work in my
usual system, but have no effect on this newly installed
system. Both systems are running an up-to-date sid,
and I've copied over my .bashrc.

Any ideas where I should be looking?

# .xinitrc
#
#!/bin/sh
# remap CAPSLOCK to be CTRL

rxvt -e screen -D -r
xmodmap -e 'keycode 66 = Control_L'
xmodmap -e 'clear Lock'
xmodmap -e 'add Control = Control_L'
xset b off                                # this suppresses beep
setxkbmap -option terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp # this works, too
exec /usr/bin/i3

kind regards,

Joel

--
Joel Roth

Maybe something prevent .bashrc to be read, bash startup configuration system is so messy that I would not be surprised if you have another file somewhere else which prevent .bashrc to be read, or that reverse the change you've done.
So, what does give you xev when you hit the CAPS key?