Re: Brand new install, now how do I play a Youtube video?

On Thu, Mar 06, 2014 at 10:31:34AM -0500, Patrick Chkoreff wrote:
> I recently installed Debian on this laptop.  Here's the detail:
>
> $ uname -a
> Linux laptop 3.2.0-4-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.2.54-2 i686 GNU/Linux
>
> I'm using the IceWeasel browser, but I can't play a Youtube video.  I
> don't want to install Flash because I just cannot stand Adobe.

https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/cclive

"cclive is a lightweight command line video extraction tool for Youtube
and other similar video websites. ..."

"cclive is primarily a "video download tool" but it can also be used
along side with video player software, like "mplayer", for viewing
streamed videos instead of the Adobe flash player."

oppressing." --- Malcolm X