Re: Who changes /bin/ping on my system ?

On Tuesday 04 March 2014 09:16:15 Tim Ruehsen wrote:

> Does anybody know who or what changes my ping utility ? Is this a known bug
> (I couldn't find anything) ?

I just found the package 'prelink' which explain the changes of my ping (and
all other) binaries. I installed that ~10 years ago and forgot about it :-(.

I am not sure if there is any benefit today with much faster CPU/Memory and
SSD. I will disable it for a while to see if the pcap problem pops up again
(last night prelink successfully set the pcaps for /bin/ping(6)).

There might be some other software involved, still have to check that.

Thanks to all for your kind help !

Tim