Re: Install debian on EFI hw

On Wed, 2014-03-05 at 16:13 +0100, ha wrote:
On 03/04/14 19:55, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> > I'm not sure whether the default install installs GPT on smaller
> > disks but it certainly worked when I tried it a while ago with no
> > problems.
> Excuse me, but what do you mean by "smaller disks"?

"The organization of the partition table in the MBR limits the maximum
addressable storage space of a disk to 2 TB
[ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tebibyte ] (2^32 Ã? 512 bytes)." -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_boot_record

Likely <= 2 TB are smaller disks, everything > 2 TB aren't smaller
disks.