Re: Here's how to make yourself happier OT in re systemd

On 20140304_160239, Raffaele Morelli wrote:
> littdom@gmail.com>:
>
> > On Tue, 4 Mar 2014 09:05:41 +0100
> > Raffaele Morelli <raffaele.morelli@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > > Lately I would add
> > >
> > > :0B
> > > * .*(systemd)
> > > $GARBAGE
> > >
> > > :0
> > > * ^Subject.*(systemd)
> > > $GARBAGE
> >
> > I can't do that, because I really need to know about that stuff. When
> > Jessie becomes stable, I'm going to try to work with systemd. But if
> > that becomes problematic, I'll need a plan B. A lot of today's traffic
> > was very informative stuff about system startup.
> >

> IMHO you won't need a plan B, it's just another system service manager,
> that said you can try systemd before Jessie release, it's in debian
> Wheezy...
>
> /r

I switched to systemd under Wheezy a couple of weeks ago. I had a
small problem convincing aptitude to stop switching back to the old
way any time that I wanted to install packages from
security.debian.org. After fixing that I have noticed no difference
from the old way, whose name I have already forgotten. My hardware has
a built in, intended, delay before start of boot, so I don't percieve
that boot is faster. Maybe it is. I just can't see it in my particular
set up. I am much more worried now about the world going nuclear
before systemd gets a chance to prove its usefulness.

+1000
sometimes people on this list get somewhat horny when discussing those things, which are really subjective in the end... they go on with a mixture of tecno-steronic, 0.02$ philosophy which I can't stand :-(

Peace to all, I hope

respect
/raffaele