Re: Proposal - preserve freedom of choice of init systems - SysV is FINE.

On Sun, 2 Mar 2014 19:26:48 -0800
"Natural Linux" <naturallinux@dcemail.com> wrote:

> System V is NOT hard to "maintain"
> The scripts were written YEARS ago. They're fine. They do NOT need to
> be changed. Debian SysV has concurrent boot aswell.

Hey Natural Linux

You and I are different.

When I post, I put my real name because I'm proud of who I am, what I
do, and I want people to know me.

When I post to tech lists, I usually leave my rage about politics out
of my post, unless the politics directly involves technologists, such
as H1-B etc.

Just like you, I sometimes get angry. But I try to leave anger out of
my emails, because it ruins credibility.

Just like you, I have my likes and dislikes, and sometimes I rant. Like
about KDE and Kmail. But when I do, I don't go on a KDE list or Kmail
list to rant about these things, because I long ago found found Xfce
and Claws-Mail (or Mutt or Thunderbird) as substitutes. So, instead of
yelling at the Kmail guys, on the Claws-Mail list I gloat about how
much better Claws-Mail is than Kmail, and help Kmail refuges to
transition to Claws-Mail. I don't waste of time telling Kmail fans how
bad their product is. Life's too short, and I have a life.

You don't like Debian's choice. That's cool. There are lots of distros
out there. And it sounds to me like it might be doable to replace your
distro's chosen initialization. Rather than tell Debian people how
stupid the Debian choice was, why don't you just choose another distro?

Why don't you just find a distro not using systemd, switch to it, join
*their* list, and  gloat how much better their distro is than Debian.
Do that, and you can even use your real name proudly.

SteveT