Re: Suspend leads to black screen without sleep [Dell Latitude E6440]

I had success with suspend by adding resume=/path/to/swap to my GRUB bootline.

To find your /path/to/swap, use:

$ swapon -s

And use that to create your own /resume=/dev/sda2 type of line
(remember, yours will vary depending on your installation.

Adding it to GRUB is another matter, but if you pause during boot and
add this "resume=" line, then boot and then can successfully suspend
and resume, you can then figure out how to permanently modify GRUB 2
to make the "resume" line persist in your GRUB.
--
Steven Rosenberg
http://stevenrosenberg.net/blog