Re: how to remove ? directory

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 7:16 AM, lina <lina.lastname@gmail.com> wrote:
> ls: cannot access .gvfs: Permission denied
>
> d?????????   ? ?    ?          ?            ? .gvfs
>
> a# rm -rf .gvfs
> rm: cannot remove `.gvfs': Is a directory
>

> any advice, I think the .gvfs being introduced long time ago when I
> tried to mount the iphone.
>
> Thanks ahead for your advice,
>
> Best regards,

Seems like you don't have permissions to do this - I suspect you
are not owner of .gvfs. If so you would have to either remove as root
(for example using sudo rm) or to change owner and group
(chmod, chgrp, which you also have to do with root privileges in this
case).

--

darkestkhan
Feel free to CC me.