Re: Beginner info on Qt

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 6:58 PM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@gmail.com> wrote:
> I dabbled in Qt a *long* time ago.  I have a book on Qt3, but I see
> that what's installed now is Qt5.
> My book has never been updated.

Hi Kevin,

There was a book by Blanchette and Summerfield for Qt 3 that went through
at least 2 editions for Qt 4, and it looked good, but i never really
studied it.  :(

Anyhow, i don't have any ideas, but i do have a request!

That is, if you do start programming any applications in Qt, please post
your progress as well as any issues you have.

One thing i'm very concerned about Qt is that by being so cross-platform
there may be some lowest-common-denominator effect.  (Of course
Qt is hardly unique in attempting to be cross-platform.)

Other questions are whether it allows you to use C++11.

So good luck, and hoping to learn from your experience.

dan