Re: Install Debian on SD

On Tue 21 Jan 2014 at 22:31:14 +0000, James Kirk wrote:

> I would like to install debian on a SD (I've only a Company laptop and
> I would like to not modify the standard configuration).
>
> Since SD is a flash memory and - as far as I know - it has a limited
> lifetime (in terms of I/O) not thought to run an OS, how should I
> setup the installation (i.e. choosing a suitable filesystem, etc.)
> and/or modify the standard distribution in order to have a
> fully-functional Debian and make it compatible with a SD lifetime?

I have absolutely no knowledge of flash memory lifetime apart from what
I read on the web, but I suspect it may be longer than my remaining
span. So, apart from setting atime when partitioning with d-i and
leaving enough space for the electrons to move about in, I'd advise -
install and be damned. Flash memory is cheap; Debian is priceless.