Re: why linux can't see my memory

On 1/6/14, Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

>> On 1/5/14, Stan Hoeppner <stan@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > To grub config add the mem parameter, e.g.
>> >
>> > kernel /boot/vmlinuz-3.2.X ro root=/dev/sdXX mem=1024M
>> >
>> > --
>> > Stan
>> >

> 64 bit?
> Could you post the "exact" text error messages displayed when it fails,
> the wording is important.
>
> --

there are no text msg
sometime it reboot, other times it stop

this morning, trying loadlin.exe,  it seems that linux loading is successful,
when control passed to linux, problem arise
I see "Uncompressing Linux(image?) OK, booting Linux"
(I can't remember exact words)
after showing these words, it stops,
I have to press power button of front panel of computer case to shutdown

it seems that kernel options, rather than grub/lilo option, holds key
to my problem