Re: [OT] non technical Q: bad or worse. Was: To do the same as Windows safe mode...........

On Wed, 2014-01-01 at 19:08 +0000, Brian wrote:
> On Wed 01 Jan 2014 at 19:22:24 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > However, please watch "Inherit the Wind" with Spencer Tracy. I try to
> > translate the German version from memory to English: "We should use
> > every word we know, since there are much too less terms everybody is
>
> Did he really say 'too less'? Those were the days when script writers
> were atuned to the English languaage. Can we pretend  he said 'fewer'?
> Otherwise my high estimation of American English is going to go down.

I watched the film several times, but only synchronized to German.

FWIW I also dislike if native German speakers don't speak "good" German,
OTOH I read a lot of German Linux howtos written in "disgusting" German,
but those howtos still where very useful. I prefer howtos that are
"good" and written in "disgusting" German over howtos that are
technically disgusting, but written in perfect German.

> > Happy new Year!
>
> And to you, too.

Thank you :) and btw. I slurp tea too :D.

Cheers,
Ralf