Continuing to use SysV; LTS [Re: Fwd: Re: Skipping fsck during boot with systemd?]

On Mon, 29 Dec 2014, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
> I should also add - that's why they are looking at other distros now.
> They are planning to stay on Wheezy as long as possible. It will
> probably take two years for them to get another distro ready for
> production.

If switching to systemd is their main concern, then they can just stay
with SysV for jessie. They should probably also consider contributing
developer time (or your time) to the continued support of SysV in
jessie+1 (and beyond.)

If they want to stick with wheezy for other reasons, they should help
make squeeze LTS a success so people are more likely to also contribute
to wheezy LTS when it is inevitably EOLed by the stable security team.

If it's something else that bothers them, the way to influence Debian is
to do the work.

Cheop's Law: Nothing ever gets built on schedule or within budget.
 -- Robert Heinlein _Time Enough For Love_ p242