Possible incompatibility between wheezy gnome and wheezy-backports libreoffice

Hi,

I'm using debian wheezy (amd64) up-to-date till December 24.
I have installed some packages from wheezy-backports, essentially
libreoffice.

I made an upgrade this morning and I got these messages (that I didn't
look into at the time...):

> sudo apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  libreoffice libreoffice-avmedia-backend-gstreamer libreoffice-base
libreoffice-base-core libreoffice-base-drivers
  libreoffice-calc libreoffice-core libreoffice-draw
libreoffice-evolution libreoffice-gnome libreoffice-gtk
  libreoffice-impress libreoffice-l10n-ca libreoffice-math
libreoffice-sdbc-firebird libreoffice-sdbc-hsqldb
  libreoffice-writer python-uno uno-libs3 ure
  libreoffice-common libreoffice-java-common libreoffice-style-galaxy
libreoffice-style-tango
4 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 20 not upgraded.
Need to get 26.5 MB of archives.
After this operation, 4096 B disk space will be freed.

Now, when I asked for a dist-upgrade I got:

> sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  gnome jabref-plugin-oo libreoffice
libreoffice-avmedia-backend-gstreamer libreoffice-base libreoffice-base-core
  libreoffice-base-drivers libreoffice-calc libreoffice-core
libreoffice-draw libreoffice-evolution libreoffice-gnome
  libreoffice-gtk libreoffice-help-ca libreoffice-help-en-us
libreoffice-impress libreoffice-math
  libreoffice-report-builder-bin libreoffice-sdbc-firebird
libreoffice-sdbc-hsqldb libreoffice-writer mythes-en-us
  python-uno unoconv
  abiword abiword-common abiword-plugin-grammar abiword-plugin-mathview
libabiword-2.9 libgdome2-0
  libgdome2-cpp-smart0c2a libgtkmathview0c2a liblink-grammar4
libloudmouth1-0 libots0 libwps-0.2-2 libwv-1.2-4
  link-grammar-dictionaries-en
  uno-libs3 ure
  libreoffice-common libreoffice-java-common libreoffice-l10n-ca
libreoffice-style-galaxy libreoffice-style-tango
5 upgraded, 14 newly installed, 24 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
Need to get 37.7 MB of archives.
After this operation, 334 MB disk space will be freed.

In the end, libreoffice was removed and somehow replaced with abiword,
but more dangerously, gnome was removed and all its associated packages
with it... Fortunately enough I had a recent backup so nothing got lost.

I don't know how to track where the problem comes from (gnome? backport
libreoffice?) so I can report it to the adequate developers. I would
appreciate any clue on this.

I would also appreciate your advice on how to resolve this issue: should
I go back to libreoffice from the wheezy repositories or rather upgrade
gnome to that from wheezy-backports ? The second options seems to me a
more risky one.

In the meantime, those in a similar configuration should avoid upgrading...

Cheers,

   Miguel