Re: USB drive mounted Read-only; what to do ?

On Sun, 21 Dec 2014 10:49:43 -0300
Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI <renaud@olgiati-in-paraguay.org> wrote:

Hello Renaud,

>> #   ls -l /dev/sdi
>> brw-rw---T 1 root floppy 8, 128 Dec 19 07:59 /dev/sdi
>Anyone know where I could find info on the special permission denoted
>by the leading b in the permissions above, and same for the trailing T ?

See;
http://www.comptechdoc.org/os/linux/usersguide/linux_ugfilesp.html
for a good, but not complete view of what each bit is for.

For example, the page doesn't explain the difference between t & T or s
& S.  For that, see;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_system_permissions

--
 Regards  _
But they didn't tell him the first two didn't count