Re: mpd/systemd problem

On Tue, 16 Dec 2014, Don Armstrong wrote:
> It's not clear to me why service mpd stop; isn't enough to stop this
> particular one, but the following will stop mpd:

Because our support for systemd socket activation in invoke-rc.d is broken
(as in invoke-rc.d stop _does not_ stop socket-activated units, just the
main unit).  Every package that has socket activation is affected.

There's a bunch of bugs against invoke-rc.d about it, and I might even get
around to fixing the issue out of general annoyance soon[1], but it would be
best if someone that actually runs systemd did it and submitted a tested
patch.

[1] I expected to have done it already, but I got sidetracked and my Debian
time is greatly reduced right now.

  Henrique Holschuh