Re: multihomed server with ipv6

lists@onemanifest.net wrote:
> I’ve setup static adressing for both NICs for ipv4 and ipv6 like this:

I see you have good answers from others.  Great.  But I didn't see
these comments that I am going to make.

>   # The primary LAN network interface
>   allow-hotplug eth0
>   iface eth0 inet static
>     address 192.168.1.xx
>     netmask 255.255.255.0
>     network 192.168.1.0
>     broadcast 192.168.1.255
>     gateway 192.168.1.1
>     # dns-* options are implemented by the resolvconf package, if installed
>     dns-nameservers 192.168.1.1
>     dns-search somedomain.tld

Delete the network and broadcast lines.  Those are redundant with the
netmask.  Specify only the netmask and let the program calculate it's
own netmask and network values.  The ability to separately specify
network and broadcast is for flexibility but I have never personally
seen a configuration that needed those set separately from netmask.

>   # The secondary DMZ network interface
>   allow-hotplug eth1
>   iface eth1 inet static
>     address 192.168.0.xx
>     netmask 255.255.255.0
>     network 192.168.0.0
>     broadcast 192.168.0.255
>     gateway 192.168.0.1
>     # dns-* options are implemented by the resolvconf package, if installed
>     dns-nameservers 192.168.0.1
>     dns-search somedomain.tld

Same thing here.  Delete the network and broadcast lines.

Bob