how do I locate all the pictures on an Android phone?

I'm running Jessie on an AMD64 system.

Last night I took some pictures and tried my usual method of downloading - I plugged in the phone through USB and selecting File Manager when the notification window popped up. Navigating to /store_00010001/DCIM/Camera, I found a lot of pictures but not the ones from last night.

Tried again with Dolphin and got the same results.

I can see the photos on my phone when I review them, along with a lot of others that I don't see in the file manager. Makes me wonder if I'm missing other pictures from earlier too.

Any ideas on what's going on?