Re: user permission inconsistency

Ok, I made a big mess in the email: I edited the text (manually) to change alex to user. Shame on me.

running the "id" command without any parameters should show you the
group memberships of your shell.

I *suspect* this is somehow related to systemd-logind (while systemd
is not running as pid 1)

I just added user to group dialout (and astonished not to have to
logout in order to have updated user groups list)

Well - if you run "id username", this will update immediately.

But what matters is the group memberships of your *shell* - which it
will get at login-time...

You're perfectly right. Thank you.

A.

Hope this helps