WebRTC - wasRe: no microphone in skype

> On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 1:17 PM, Andreas Weber <aendu@worldwideweber.ch>
> wrote:
>> On 2014-12-06 22:31, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
>>>
>>> I do not understand what you mean here. As per
>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebRTC , WebRTC is just an API. What is
>>> the equivalent of Skype that uses WebRTC?
>>
>> Firefox 34 has built-in video calls. It's called "Hello". Enabling is
>> nicely described here if you don't see the icon:
>>
>> http://askubuntu.com/questions/556102/no-hello-icon-in-firefox-34
>>

> Thanks for the info and the link. It is helpful.
>
> However, my iceweasel version is 31.2.0esr-2~deb7u1 and Jessie
> currently has 31.2.0esr-3. I see that Iceweasel 34 is only in
> experimental. I will try your work around when it hits testing.
>
> raju

>From what I understand, from what I have found so far, the WebRTC
thing appears to be implemented as a useable medium, in each of Google
Chrome, Mozilla Firefox (v34) and Opera for Android (but, from what I
have found so far, the facility in Opera, is available for only
Android cellphones, and, not for desktop or "laptop" / "notebook"
computers, as I have tried without success, to find how to implement
it in Opera v26, running on a "laptop" / "notebook" computer.

I think that this Web RTC thing, is something that requires further
investigation (and, trying to find other people with whom to
experiment in terms of trying to connect using the medium, like I did
with Ekiga and Linphone, before I gave up on them as being unworkable)

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."