Re: no microphone in skype

On Du, 07 dec 14, 13:08:03, Ric Moore wrote:
> On 12/07/2014 05:06 AM, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> >On Sb, 06 dec 14, 23:57:00, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
> >>
> >>Is skype 4.3.0.37-1 working for anyone running Jessie with the
> >>following pulseaudio version?
> >>
> >>rajulocal@hogwarts:~$ pulseaudio --version
> >>pulseaudio 5.0
> >
> >Works here. I'm on Sid, but due to the freeze most package versions are
> >the same as Jessie. pulseaudio is currently purged because I found no
> >way to turn the (laptop internal) microphone OFF!
>
> pavucontrol couldn't handle that?? Yeow. Ric

No, I set volumes to minimum and muted *all* microphone inputs
(internal, external and dock, although the other ones weren't even
connected), but I could still hear input from the internal microphone in
the speakers (e.g. tapping on the laptop case) :(

I'm guessing some bad interaction with the alsa driver, but currently I
have no incentive to investigate this as the only person who was
video-calling me can (also) use Google Hangouts, which works with plain
alsa.

Kind regards,
Andrei