Re: no microphone in skype

Ralph Katz <ralph.katz@rcn.com> writes:

> On 12/05/2014 11:13 PM, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
(snip)
>> If someone got Skype working can you please share your configuration details?
(snip)
> While I have no specific suggestions for you, I can confirm that Skype
> works with my debian wheezy ver. 7.7 and xfce desktop on my laptop:

Me too, both XFCE and ctwm, on a 64-bit system with Skype living in a
32-bit chroot (under schroot).

(snip)
> In skype options, sound devices, Allow skype to adjust mixer levels is
> checked.
(snip)

I always uncheck this, actually, Skype always seems to do a bad job of
messing with them. (I think Google Hangouts might sometimes do that too,
but if so I haven't worked out how to stop it.)

Having ALSA working well for me and not wanting pulseaudio, I actually
use Skype 4.3 with https://github.com/i-rinat/apulse and it works just
fine.

-- Mark