Epson XP-820 print to CD from Jessie

Has anyone had any luck with the Epson XP-820 print to CD function? I recently acquired one after having used their R-320, which also prints to CD, for years. Unfortunately this one doesn't seem to work.

The printer driver seems to work nicely, allowing me to select print to CD/DVD easily but when it tries to print, it spits out the CD tray then asks me to insert a single sheet of paper. If I push the tray back in, it just gives me an error message.

If I use the printer panel to select print on CD, it asks me to insert a memory card.

The CUPS test page prints nicely, even double-sided, on normal paper showing even borders around the page.

Any ideas?