Re: [OT] alternative to dsndynamic.com?

On 25/11/14 00:33, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems dsndynamic.com bit the dust this weekend of the 23 of November.
> Is there an alternative of a free dsn server?
>
> Hugo

noip.com is one of many - it's possible to use it with the debian
package "ddclient"

Do I use it?  Yes.

Is it better than other alternatives? I have no idea - a search engine
will provide you with a list of "free dns servers", only you can
determine what's "fit-for-purpose".

Please note - with the greatest respect, as you haven't provided a
Debian User context I've set the reply to Debian Community Offlist[]*1,
please re-direct to this list if I've overlooked and un-stated context.

Small hint: ask the question in a Debian User context and get an onlist
reply. ddclient is a Debian package for use with dyndns.

Kind regards

[*1] My "Return To:" will send you to the list described here:-