Re: virtmanager not connecting to server

 Hi.

On Sat, 22 Nov 2014 17:41:38 -0500
Gary Dale <garydale@torfree.net> wrote:

> I'm running Jessie/AMD64 connecting to Wheezy/ADM64. The KVM virtual
> machines are on the Wheezy machine, which is a also file & print server
> (CUPS, Samba & NFS).
>
> I'm getting an error "Unable to connect to libvirt. You need to install
> openssh-askpass or similar to connect to this host."

<skip>
> libvirtError: Cannot recv data: ssh_askpass: exec(/usr/bin/ssh-askpass):
> No such file or directory
> Host key verification failed.: Connection reset by peer

If you can connect to the garydale@TheLibrarian without the password it
means that virt-manager is trying to be too smart (as you won't need
ssh-askpass for the normal ssh connection). I suggest giving it what it
wants:

ln -s /bin/true /usr/bin/ssh-askpass

Hacky, of course, and justifies a bug report, but should work.

Reco