Re: apt-get source download has files not in git repository

On Jo, 20 nov 14, 12:29:32, Joel Roth wrote:

> However, there are files that apt-get source downloads that
> are not in the repository.  Can someone tell me where they come from?
> They appear necessary for the package to build.
>
> 	.pc/
> 	Packages
> 	Packages.gz
> 	apt.conf
> 	debian/__db.pkgcache.apt
> 	debian/apt.conf
> 	debian/filelist.apt
> 	debian/lists.apt/
> 	debian/sources.list
> 	debian/sources.list.destdir
> 	filelist.apt
> 	lists.apt/
> 	pkgcache.apt
> 	pkgcache.bin
> 	restore
> 	sources.list
> 	sources.list.destdir
> 	srcpkgcache.bin

Are you sure these files are from dbus? I'd rather guess they are from
the 'apt' source package. Anyway:

$ LANG=C diff -r dbus/ dbus-1.8.10/
Only in dbus/: .git
Only in dbus-1.8.10/: .pc
diff -r dbus/dbus/dbus-internals.c dbus-1.8.10/dbus/dbus-internals.c
188c188
< static dbus_bool_t fatal_warnings_on_check_failed = TRUE;
---
> static dbus_bool_t fatal_warnings_on_check_failed = FALSE;
Only in dbus/debian/source: local-options

The differences above come from the fact that that
'apt-get source <package>' will apply Debian patches, while it seems the
maintainer keeps patches un-applied in his git repository.

Kind regards,
Andrei