Re: Custom libvirt (was: Jessie: upgrading libvirt-daemon-system now installs systemd, removes sysvinit-core?)

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 2:07 AM, Schrey <debian-user@schreyben.de> wrote:
> Me wrote:
>
>> [libvirt 1.2.9-3 dependencies]
>
> Well, I ended up compiling my own libvirt package(s) for Jessie.
> Posting here, maybe this is of use to someone.
>

> 1.
> Grab your favourite build environment
> (I used pbuilder / dpkg-buildpackage)
>
> 2.
> Install build dependencies (those below are matched to the attached
> diffs, and to my build environment - your mileage may vary)
>
> augeas-tools dwarves ebtables iptables kmod libapparmor-dev libaudit-dev \
> libcap-ng-dev libdevmapper-dev libgcrypt20-dev libgnutls28-dev \
> libncurses5-dev libnetcf-dev libnl-3-dev libnl-route-3-dev libnuma-dev \
> libparted0-dev libpcap0.8-dev libpciaccess-dev libreadline-dev \
> libsanlock-dev libsasl2-dev libssh2-1-dev libudev-dev libxen-dev \
> libxml2-dev libxml2-utils libyajl-dev lvm2 netcat-openbsd open-iscsi \
> openssh-client parted pkg-config qemu-utils radvd systemtap-sdt-dev \
> uuid-dev zlib1g-dev
>
> 3.
> Install & validate source package
>
> 4.
> Remove 'qemu-use-systemd-s-TerminateMachine-to-kill-all-proc.patch'
> ('quilt' is your friend)
>
> 5.
> See attached patches for a more lightweight sample configuration
> (again, works for me but might not work for you)
>
> 6.
> Build. Install. Profit.

Much appreciated.

--
Joel Rees

Be careful when you look at conspiracy.
Look first in your own heart,
and ask yourself if you are not your own worst enemy.
Arm yourself with knowledge of yourself, as well.