Re: the developers have spoken

On Wed 19 Nov 2014 at 12:41:45 -0500, Miles Fidelman wrote:

> Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> >On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 03:25:24AM +1100, Andrew McGlashan wrote:
> >>No, not necessarily.  For many, it means that Debian Linux is dying
> >>and will soon be dead -- or rather, no longer relevant.  I just hope
> >>that the alternative in FreeBSD works out.
> >I encourage you to find out sooner, rather than later, but please don't
> >trouble to tell us whether it does or not.
> >

> Please DO report back.  Some of us really do want to know the state
> of alternatives.

Apart from using your own resources to explore alternatives you will find
the experts at

   http://www.freelists.org/list/modular-debian

The list is tailored exactly to your needs and the needs of others with
similar thinking. They are actively seeking recruits. I am confident you
will be welcomed into a congenial coterie of like-minded people where
discussion of other operating systems is always on the agenda.

The vast majority on debian-user see this list as being for the support
of users who *use* Debian and not a talking shop about it. Encouragement
to pervert its purpose is little short of bad manners, no matter how
interesting a small number may find the topic. Please be considerate.