Re: the developers have spoken

Andrew McGlashan wrote:

On 20/11/2014 4:01 AM, golinux wrote:
My beloved Debian, RIP. Very sad that the ride will be over when when
Squeeze and Wheezy (and possibly Jessie - jury is still out) get to EOL
. . .

golinux

(soon to be linuxrip)
++++1

I am greatly saddened by the course that Debian Linux is going.

If it wasn't for the debacle that is systemd, well, I would probably
have never considered leaving Debian.  Now a whole community is
extremely divided and user numbers are set to plummet significantly over
the coming year(s).

The actual GR ... I was not at all happy with it's content -- but that
may not have had any effect on the result, given that the Lennart cool
aid is so infectious for the DDs and not enough people think there is a
wrong that needed to be righted.

You can keep your "Lennart Linux", I don't want it, it's not for me.

On a +ve note, my reading of FreeBSD promises that I'll have access to
much later versions of software that are even closer to the upstream
developer builds whilst still being aligned to the -STABLE branch.
Plus, of course, full native ZFS, which I am very enthusiastic about
after coming from great experiences with Solaris usage on Sun equipment.

The main thing that keeps me on Linux is Xen. Xen Dom0 on FreeBSD would have me there in an instant.