Re: systemd for administrators, printable version.

On 19/11/14 20:53, Darac Marjal wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 07:48:49PM +1100, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>> On 19/11/14 18:05, Erwan David wrote:

>> <snipped>
>>>
>>> Not pdf, but printable

>>> It gave this for you.
>>

>>> Google results vary depending on search history,
>>
>> Sadly, whoever told you that was misinformed - and misinformed
>> you. Google results may vary according to the constantly updating
>> search index - and search terms - but the "search history",
>> either stored in your browser history, or your Google profile (if
>> you login to a Google account) does *not* affect results.
>
> So you're saying that http://dontbubble.us is pure marketing hype?

No - because I haven't read it. It's a big web - you'll even find
sites for flat-earthers and luddites.

Is it authoritative?

> Are you saying that Google, themselves
> (googleblog.blogspot.co.uk/2009/12/personalized-search-for-everyone.html)

misinformed their customers about what they do?

Have you read it?
Have you read, carefully, what I wrote (which is still quoted above)??

[small hints]

"You'll know when we customize results because a "View customizations"
link will appear on the top right of the search results page. Clicking
the link will let you see how we've customized your results and also
let you turn off this type of customization."

"Personalized search" != copying and pasting a quoted search URL.

> Maybe you were simply unaware of how Google influence their
> product (searchers) for the benefit of their customers
> (advertisers).

No. Though I'll allow that I've never been employed by the UK Google
division, nor do I put much stock in meta-semantic quibbling.

Kind regards. and many thanks for your, considered, emotionally
unbiased, opinions.