What backport of gnuplot should I use in Jessie?

I'm currently using Jessie on my personal, home computer,
i.e. the one I use to ask for help on this list. I hope
to keep it running with only brief intervals of outage.

I also track some daily stock prices using gnuplot. I
want to keep that going, generating a new plot every
time I download new data. Of the several backports,
I think one is intended to be the survivor when Jessie
is actually released. Which one is that? Or is there
a dark horse that might be a better choise?

Also, a few words of reasons for your answer would be
helpful in assessing its value to me.

TIA

--
Paul E Condon