LXC guest shutdown terminates host SSH session

Hello.

I have noticed that in Debian 7.7, when shutting down a Debian guest with "shutdown" the host ongoing SSH sessions terminate and I can't connect to the host anymore through SSH. However I can still access the host through the its terminal. Why does this effect on SSH happens, and how can I avoid it?.

On the same topic, would you guys recommend the Debian 7 implementation of LXC for setting up a server, while isolating it from the host?. It seems like it's missing very some features, like unprivileged containers. Apart from some privilege escalation problems from the guest root to the host root, what can I expect to be missing as compared to the latest stable Linux (I.e: the kernel) and associated LXC user space programs?.

Regards.