Re: Shared libraries not found during build

* Joel Roth <joelz@pobox.com> [2014-11-12 10:08 -1000]:

> Hi list,
>
> I'm running sid. For the first time in many months, I'm
> trying to build a package from source. After compiling I'm
> getting library-not-found errors, for example:
>
> apt-get source ntfs-3g
>
> debuild -b -uc -us
>
> Which eventually triggers a library not found error:
[...]
> dpkg-shlibdeps: error: cannot continue due to the errors listed above
> Note: libraries are not searched in other binary packages that do not have any shlibs or symbols file.
> To help dpkg-shlibdeps find private libraries, you might need to use -l.

Try

# apt-get build-dep ntfs-3g

first and run the build again. All header dependencies for the build
should be installed now.

Elimar
--
 Numeric stability is probably not all that
  important when you're guessing;-)