Re: Joey Hess is out?

On 12/11/2014, Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Nov 2014, John Hasler wrote:
>> Vernacular for moderators, making sure that we play nice.
>
> On Wed, 12 Nov 2014, Bret Busby wrote:
>> Women who hit you with a list of things to do ("Clean up your
>> room!...Mow The lawns!....Wash the dishes") instead of hitting you
>> over the head with a hockey stick (Hockeymoms), or putting the boot in
>> (soccer moms).
>>
>> Mailing lists have list administrators, but, someone on thi list,
>> appears to think the list is run by a bunch of women....
>
> Sexism like this is inappropriate in Debian. Please stop.
>
> --
> Don Armstrong                      http://www.donarmstrong.com
>
> I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be
> pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My
> life is my own. I resign.
>  -- Patrick McGoohan as Number 6 in "The Prisoner"

'Twas not I, who introduced the term "listmoms" to the thread, which
usage is conspicuously missing from the above message, making what was
posted above, completely out of context.

Out of fairness, the above message should have included the posted
text that inlcuded the usage of the term "listmoms", so that what is
posted above, is in context.

The included quotation above, in the signature of Don Armstrong, is
interesting by its context, in this thread that apprently relates to a
resignation from the Debian developers, which resignation, from what
has been posted about that resignation, appears to resemble the
wording of the quotation.

Also interesting, is that I believe that the actor Patrick McGoohan is
starring in a series currently being broadcast on one of the
television networks here (when television broadcasts can be received
here), where he stars in the title role of Dangerman.

And, in the request being made for the cessation relating to the text
above, surely, the commentary on this list, about goings on on the
Debian developers list (whence apparently, is the source of what
started this thread), has run its course, and could be diverted back
to the Debian developers mailing list, rather than the Debian users
list, being tied up with commentary about the goings on on the Debian
developers list?

--
Bret Busby
Armadale