find problem

Hi all,

I'm struggling with a find problem.

I want to combine find and par2create recursively in order to get the
following done:

Foreach file with a certain suffix (e.g. avi) do par2create for that
file in its directory, so e.g.

I'm in /video
There are subfolders user1, user2 with videos video1.avi, video2.avi ...
in them.

The script should do something equivalent to:
cd /video/user1
par2create .video1.avi video1.avi
par2create .video2.avi video2.avi
cd /video/user2
par2create .video3.avi video3.avi
par2create .video4.avi video4.avi
cd <initial directory>

But I want to achieve this using the find command.

So I'd expect something like
find * -name "*.avi" -execdir par2create .'{}' '{} \;
but this doesn't work as expected - it creates the .*.avi files "one
folder above".

How does it work using the find command?

Thanks a lot!