Re: need help in rights delegation to a freelance "web developer"

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 12:39:24PM +0500, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:

> last time he was facing issue with rewrite module. however i have installed
> that module for sure. even i have check with apachectl command tool. though
> it is resolved for now.
> so i thought, in advance if there is any list of necessary modules that are
> needed in default website deployment. that would be great. thus i will just
> directly install the stuff without wasting time in research.

As far as I know, the only non-default modules needed are mod_rewrite and
mod_php. (WordPress is written in PHP.) Technically you could presumably
skip mod_php and just use PHP as CGI but it would be both slower and
potentially less secure.
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!