Re: How to enable larger mouse pointers under X

Am Freitag, 7. November 2014, 22:21:27 schrieb Joel Roth:
> Hi list,

Hi Joel,

> I need larger mouse pointers.
>
> I'm running sid, using i3 and icewm as window managers.
> AIUI cursor images are set through X, and do not belong
> to the window manager.
>
> My first attempt was:

Wow, what a challenge this seems to be it you do not have a desktop that
allows you to set it. I just configured a pointer of size 48 in KDE Plasma and
I just get a large pointer then.

I don´t know what it does in the background to achieve that tough.

But just as a heads up that a large pointer actually works.

I don´t know whether its 48 pixel or 48 point. It seems to be larger than 48
pixel tough, which still may be pretty small on this 15 inch Full HD display.
Anyway, I large my mouse cursor fast so I find it easily with the eyes. And on
typing text in applications its usually blanked out anyway.

Ciao,